posted by Kalyn Denny on May 27, 2020
Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Burrito Bowl options cauliflower rice with seasoned pinto beans, Poblano chiles, and purple onions topped with tomato-avocado salsa for a scrumptious vegan meal. And there’s a lower-carb possibility for this tasty burrito bowl and in case you don’t care if it’s vegan you would add cheese or bitter cream.
PIN Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Burrito Bowl to attempt it later.
When I celebrated my 15 Year Blog Anniversary I requested readers what sort of recipes they’d wish to see extra of, and fairly a couple of individuals talked about extra plant primarily based meals on the weblog. And since there are already about 600 recipes within the class for Meatless, I noticed I must highlight meatless dishes extra frequently! Admittedly, fairly a couple of of my meatless recipes are salads and aspect dishes, however I do have some actually wonderful meatless most important dishes too, like these Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Burrito Bowls that I created with my nephew Jake.
I just like the problem of making a very flavorful meatless dish, however a excessive proportion of my meatless recipes embrace cheese, so I’m additional excited once I can create a knock-your-socks-off recipe like this one which’s truly Vegan. Of course, Jake and I wolfed this up with out the slightest considered it being Vegan, however for individuals who do care, it’s a plus!
I’ve stated it earlier than, however I believe you might want to add elements with sturdy flavors to show cauliflower rice into one thing that’s actually good, and on this recipe the beans and cauliflower rice get an enormous taste increase with purple onion, Poblano peppers, and Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning; then the cauliflower rice and beans combination is topped with a fresh-tasting salsa with tomatoes, avocados, inexperienced onion, cilantro, lime juice, chopped poblanos, and cumin. Oh yeah, this was so, so good!
How Could You Make This Recipe Lower in Carbs?
Jake and I did weren’t in a position to persuade ourselves to make a Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl with out beans, despite the fact that that makes this recipe greater in carbs in case you’re following a strictly Low-Carb consuming plan. But in case you’d like to show this right into a lower-carb recipe I’d omit the can of beans and add 2 cups of both chopped purple bell pepper or chopped zucchini if you saute the Poblano pepper and purple onion. Add the Taco Seasoning and prepare dinner a couple of minutes till the greens are tender-crisp, however skip the water in case you’re not utilizing beans.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Burrito Bowl:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary info.)
- Saute the chopped Poblano peppers and purple onion in a bit olive oil.
- Then add Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning, the rinsed beans, and a bit water and let the beans prepare dinner till all of the water is evaporated.
- While that’s cooking cube avocado, toss with lime juice, tomatoes, chopped Poblano, inexperienced onion, chopped cilantro (or use extra inexperienced onion in case you’re not a cilantro fan), lime juice, and a bit cumin.
- Cut up a medium-sized head of cauliflower and buzz on the meals processor till it’s finely chopped. (Or you need to use 5 cups frozen cauliflower rice in case you favor. Take it out of the freezer a couple of minutes earlier than you begin the recipe.)
- Heat the oil in a big wok or frying pan with excessive sides, add garlic, and prepare dinner simply till you scent garlic, then discard garlic.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and prepare dinner about Four minutes, stirring usually. (Check the package deal for cooking time in case you use frozen cauliflower rice.)
- Season with loads of salt and fresh-ground black pepper.
- When the cauliflower is barely tender, add the bean combination and prepare dinner a few minute or two extra to mix the flavors.
- To serve the Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Burrito Bowls, put a beneficiant quantity of the cauliflower/bean combination right into a bowl and prime with an enormous scoop of salsa. (Chunky industrial salsa may be used.)
- We ate it with a beneficiant squeeze of lime added on the desk.
More Meatless or Vegan Dinners You Might Like:
Tofu Lettuce Wrap Tacos ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Pitas ~ Letty’s Kitchen
Vegan Red Cabbage Bowl with Tofu and Peanut-Sriracha Sauce ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Ratatouille with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts ~ Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Low-Carb and Paleo Mediterranean Zucchini Noodles ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Food Prep that will help you discover recipes you may prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat through the week!
Burrito Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 half massive Poblano peppers, chopped small (Poblanos are sometimes known as Pasilla peppers; use the opposite half pepper for the salsa)
- half purple onion chopped small
- 2 tsp. + 1 half T olive oil
- 1 T Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning or your favourite industrial Taco Seasoning
- one 15 oz. can Pinto beans, rinsed properly and drained
- 1 medium head cauliflower, coarsely chopped (see notes)
- Four garlic cloves, sliced
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- 2 avocados, diced medium
- 2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice (I used my fresh-frozen lime juice)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, reduce into fourths
- half cup finely chopped Poblano pepper (the opposite half from the peppers used within the bean combination)
- half cup chopped cilantro (or use a bit extra finely sliced inexperienced onion in case you’re not a cilantro fan)
- 1/Four cup finely sliced inexperienced onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/Four tsp. floor cumin
- salt to style
- recent reduce limes to squeeze on on the desk
- extra chopped cilantro so as to add on the desk
- Put the pinto beans right into a colander positioned within the sink and rinse properly with chilly water (till you don’t see any extra foam.) Let beans drain.
- Heat the two tsp. olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium warmth, add the chopped Poblano peppers and chopped purple onion and saute till the greens are simply beginning to soften, about 3-Four minutes.
- Add Kalyn’s Taco Seasoning, the drained beans, and 1/Four cup water, flip warmth to low, and prepare dinner till all of the water is evaporated.
- Turn off warmth.
- For low-carb model, you may change the beans with about 1 half cups of both chopped purple bell pepper or chopped zucchini and saute them with the greens. Stir within the taco seasoning and prepare dinner a minute or two extra however don’t add the water in case you’re not utilizing the beans.
- Coarsely chop up the cauliflower, together with the stems. Use the metal blade of a meals processor to cut the cauliflower in two batches, buzzing it till it’s chopped sufficient to barely resemble rice, with some barely bigger items. (Or you need to use 5 cups frozen cauliflower rice in case you favor. Take it out of the freezer a couple of minutes earlier than you begin the recipe.)
- Heat the 1 half tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high warmth till it feels sizzling if you maintain your hand over the pan, add the sliced garlic, and prepare dinner simply till you may scent garlic. (Don’t let it brown or the oil will style bitter as a substitute of properly garlicky.)
- Remove the garlic and add the chopped cauliflower and stir-fry till the cauliflower is beginning to get tender, about Four minutes. (I used my new Green Pan Wok (affiliate hyperlink), which works completely for making cauliflower rice.)
- Add the seasoned bean (or vegetable) combination and prepare dinner about 1-2 minutes extra, till the cauliflower is as smooth as you prefer it.
- Turn off warmth.
- Dice the avocado into medium-sized items, put right into a plastic or glass bowl, and toss with the fresh-frozen lime juice.
- Cut up the tomato, chop the opposite half of the Poblano, chop the cilantro, and slice the inexperienced onions.
- Gently stir all of the chopped greens and herbs into the avocados, with the olive oil, floor cumin, and a bit salt.
- To serve, put desired quantity of the cauliflower rice/bean combination right into a serving bowl and prime with a beneficiant scoop of salsa.
- Serve with reduce lime and further chopped cilantro if desired. (You can even serve this with grated cheese and/or bitter cream in case you don’t care if it’s vegan.)
You can use 5 cups frozen cauliflower rice as a substitute of chopping a head of cauliflower in case you favor.
If you are calculating carbs, be aware that this recipe has a variety of fiber which lowers the online carbs.
This recipe created by Kalyn and Jake.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 408Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 870mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 18gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
Nutrition info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Pinto beans are thought-about a “good carb” for the unique South Beach Diet, and this Cauliflower Rice and Pinto Bean Vegan Burrito Bowl with a average quantity of beans in every serving could be accepted for any part of South Beach. Follow the instructions within the recipe to substitute lower-carb greens for the beans for different kinds of Low-Carb consuming plans.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Bowl Meal Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type picture index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for This Recipe:
This recipe was first posted April 2015. It was up to date May 2020 with higher directions and the choice to make use of frozen cauliflower rice.