posted by Kalyn Denny on May 22, 2020
When we examined this recipe for Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad, we couldn’t cease consuming it, and also you’ll love this low-carb model of potato salad!
PIN Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad to strive it later!
Watch the Video to see for those who would possibly wish to make
Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad!
When I first made this Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad I took the leftovers to a household social gathering and everybody there cherished it. And in a household the place only a few individuals care about their carbs (and a few don’t even like cauliflower) I knew that meant the recipe needed to be a winner. Since then it’s turn out to be an enormous hit on the weblog and with the approaching arrival of summer time it looks like an incredible recipe to characteristic for Friday Favorites this week.
I do perceive for those who’re skeptical. I observed different recipes for cauliflower “potato salad” for very long time earlier than I got here up with this one, and each time I learn by one, it by no means appeared like a wow to me. So after I bought impressed to see if I might provide you with a model that actually can be a wow, I consulted my sister Sandee who’s the potato salad queen in my household.
It was the advice from Sandee that impressed me to make use of loads of mayo and only a tiny little bit of mustard within the dressing for the salad, and I additionally used a beneficiant quantity of chopped eggs the best way Sandee does in her family-favorite potato salad. And we added loads of bacon and sharp cheddar too.
This is your task for the lengthy vacation weekend arising: Please. Make. This. Salad. For me it’s been a repeater recipe to make time and again; hope you’ll get pleasure from it too!
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad:
(Scroll down for full recipe together with dietary data.)
- Cut up two kilos of cauliflower into same-sized items and steam 5-6 minutes.
- Then drain the cauliflower right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain properly. (Don’t rinse with chilly water; you need it to proceed to cook dinner slightly.)
- When you’re able to make the salad if the cauliflower isn’t fairly dry, unfold it out on paper towels and blot dry.
- While cauliflower cooks/drains, cook dinner the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs, cool, peel, and chop into items.
- Slice inexperienced onion, and get the sharp cheddar prepared. (We used a mix of white and yellow cheddar however both one will work.)
- Stir the mayo, yellow mustard, 1 tsp. onion powder, salt, and pepper collectively to make the dressing.
- Put the well-drained cauliflower right into a bowl and prime with the chopped hard-boiled eggs; then season with half of tsp. onion powder, salt, and many fresh-ground black pepper.
- Add the dressing and mix gently with the cauliflower and eggs.
- Then add the sliced inexperienced onion, crisp bacon, and cheese and stir into the salad (once more gently) till it’s properly mixed.
- We ate some instantly once we examined the recipe and it was fabulous. But you too can make this forward and chill for a couple of hours.
- It was additionally nice after it had been within the fridge for a day however I don’t suppose it could preserve longer than a day or two. No worries about that although, as a result of I don’t suppose this may final for lengthy!
More Salads with Cauliflower:
Low-Carb Marinated Cauliflower Antipasto Salad ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Winter Vegetable Salad ~ A Family Feast
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Feta, Capers, and Red Pepper ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Greek Grilled Cauliflower and Vidalia Onion Quinoa Salad ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Radishes ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad ~ Sugar-Free Mom
Weekend Food Prep:
This recipe has been added to a brand new class known as Weekend Food Prep that will help you discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or cook dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 2 lb. cauliflower reduce into smallish same-sized items (see notes)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and chopped
- 6-Eight slices of bacon, reduce into quick strips after which fried crisp
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar (white or yellow cheddar will work; we used a few of every)
- half of cup sliced inexperienced onion (largely inexperienced components)
- half of tsp. onion powder
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard (not Dijon)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to style
- Cut up cauliflower into smallish same-sized items and steam 5-6 minutes in a vegetable steamer (affiliate hyperlink) or in a pan with a steamer insert (affiliate hyperlink). Test a chunk after 5 minutes; you need the cauliflower pretty smooth to resemble the feel of potatoes.
- Drain the cauliflower right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it cool when you prep different elements. Don’t rinse; you need it to proceed cooking slightly.
- When you’re able to assemble the salad the cauliflower needs to be fairly dry. If it isn’t, unfold it out on paper towels positioned on the counter and pat dry.
- While the cauliflower cooks after which drains, reduce bacon strips briefly cross-wise strips and cook dinner till the bacon could be very crisp; then drain on paper towels.
- Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs. (click on that hyperlink to see the strategy I used, or use your favourite methodology.) Chop eggs coarsely.
- Slice the inexperienced onion. Get one cup of grated sharp cheddar prepared.
- Whisk collectively the mayo, yellow mustard, 1 tsp. onion powder, salt, and fresh-ground black pepper to make the dressing.
- When you’re able to assemble the salad, put the well-drained (or blotted dry) cauliflower right into a bowl and prime with the chopped eggs.
- Season properly with salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and half of tsp. onion powder; then add the dressing and gently mix with the cauliflower and eggs.
- Add the crisp bacon items, sharp cheddar, and inexperienced onion and stir (gently) till the salad is properly mixed. (We saved out slightly bacon, inexperienced onion, and cheese to garnish the highest of the salad!)
- You can eat instantly or let the salad chill for a couple of hours.
- Leftovers will preserve properly within the fridge in a single day and might be eaten the subsequent day, though you most likely gained’t have a lot left over. I’m guessing it would preserve as much as two days, however I’ve solely saved it in a single day.
We began with a 2-lb. bag of cut-up cauliflower and trimmed off among the stem components.
This recipe created by Kalyn and Jake after seeing a number of variations of Cauliflower “Potato Salad” that didn’t look like fairly what we needed, and with recommendation from my sister Sandee who’s the potato salad queen in my household!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 466Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 12gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 793mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Nutrition data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad is ideal for low-carb, Keto, or low-glycemic diets and it’s an ideal approach to make use of leftover hard-boiled eggs. It’s positively a once-in-a-while deal with for the unique South Beach Diet for those who’re following the restrictions on saturated fats.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Cauliflower Recipes or Salad Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one.Use the Recipes by Diet Type picture index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. Or Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad was first posted in 2017; it was up to date and barely enhance May 2020.