posted by Kalyn Denny on February 19, 2020
Low-Carb Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza has a variety of pizza toppings on an eggy crust, and this scrumptious breakfast pizza is fast and straightforward to make! Use Pizza Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one.
PIN Low-Carb Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza to strive it later!
This Low-Carb Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza is a variation of my recipe for Egg-Crust Breakfast Pizza with Pepperoni, Olives, Mozzarella, and Tomatoes, and after I posted the primary one a number of folks requested why it was not known as a Frittata. (If you’re not conversant in Frittatas, they’re a sort of Italian omelet that’s cooked partly on the range after which completed below the broiler.)
There are similarities, however frittatas have rather more egg in proportion to the opposite substances. My Breakfast Pizzas are made with simply two eggs and the egg is about half cooked earlier than the pizza topping substances are layered on prime. Then the Breakfast Pizza is cooked for a couple of minutes with a lid on and browned below the broiler so the cheese is melted and golden-brown. The egg a part of the Breakfast Pizza actually is extra like a “crust” with the opposite substances added on prime.
There are different substances you might use for a vegetarian model of my Breakfast Pizza, however I settled on mushrooms, inexperienced onions, and olives, and this Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza was so scrumptious for a simple breakfast with pizza flavors. Whatever substances you employ, don’t skip the dried Oregano for that “pizza” taste. I’d take pleasure in this for a meatless meal any time of day.
How to Make Low-Carb Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe, together with dietary info.)
- I used Four oz. of brown Crimini mushrooms and sliced them pretty thick.
- Heat a bit of olive oil within the omelet pan and brown the mushrooms, then take away from the pan. (For each the Breakfast Pizzas I’ve made to date, I used this Calphalon 8-Inch Nonstick Omelet Pan (affiliate hyperlink).)
- While the mushrooms browned I sliced the olives, sliced the inexperienced bell pepper, and minimize the Mozzarella into chunks. (Next time I’d slice the inexperienced pepper a bit of bit thinner.)
- When mushrooms are accomplished add a bit of extra oil, warmth the oil, and add the eggs. Season eggs with dried oregano and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) or use one other all-purpose seasoning mix when you don’t have Spike.
- When the egg combination is about half cooked, layer on mushrooms, bell pepper, olives, and cheese.
- Cover the pan and prepare dinner 3-Four minutes, or till the cheese is melted and the egg is sort of all set.
- The subsequent photograph exhibits how mine seemed after I put it below the broiler.
- I broiled this about Four minutes in my little toaster oven however it will solely take 1-2 minutes in a big oven broiler.
- Serve scorching and luxuriate in!
More Ideas with Pizza Flavors for Breakfast:
Pepperoni Pizza Keto Crustless Quiche ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Low-Carb Open Face Pizza Omelet ~ Gluesticks and Gumdrops
Low-Carb Egg Crust Breakfast Pizza ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Four ozmushrooms, washed and thickly sliced (see notes)
- 1 T olive oil, divided
- 6 black olives, sliced
- 1/Four inexperienced bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 oz. grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 eggs, crushed effectively
- half tsp. Spike Seasoning (see notes)
- 1/Four tsp. dried Oregano (roughly to style)
- Preheat broiler in your oven or small toaster oven.
- Wash mushrooms if wanted, dry with paper towels, and slice into thick slices.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a small Eight inch omelet pan, add mushrooms, and saute over medium-high warmth till the mushrooms have launched their liquid and are calmly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to the chopping board.
- While mushrooms prepare dinner, slice the olives, slice the bell pepper, minimize the mozzarella into chunks, and beat the eggs.
- Get the Dried Oregano (affiliate hyperlink) and Spike Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink) prepared.
- When mushrooms are accomplished add the final teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and warmth pan for about 45 seconds; then add the eggs, cut back warmth to medium, season with Oregano and Spike Seasoning, and let the egg combination prepare dinner about 2 minutes (or till eggs are about half cooked.)
- Then add half the mushrooms, half the inexperienced peppers, olives, and half the cubes of cheese, adopted by a second layer of mushrooms, inexperienced pepper, olives, and cheese.
- Cover the pan and prepare dinner 3-Four minutes or till the cheese is pretty melted and the eggs are practically all set.
- Put the pan below the broiler and broil till the cheese is all melted and properly browned (about Four minutes for toaster oven or 1-2 minutes for bigger oven broiler.)
- Serve scorching.
I used brown Crimini mushrooms, however common white mushrooms will work. Buying pre-sliced mushrooms makes this recipe even simpler. Use reduced-fat or full-fat Mozzarella, whichever you like. Use one other all-purpose seasoning mix that is good on eggs if you do not have Spike Seasoning.
You’ll want an 8-inch nonstick omelet pan to make a breakfast pizza that appears like mine. When I used a much bigger pan, I didn’t prefer it as effectively. I used this Calphalon 8-Inch Nonstick Omelet Pan (affiliate hyperlink), which is considered one of my favourite pans.
Recipe created by Kalyn and impressed by Low-Carb Egg Crust Breakfast Pizza. This was first posted in 2013; up to date and improved February 2020.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 208 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 197mg Sodium: 625mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g
Nutrition info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
This Low-Carb Egg-Crust Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza is made with all low-carb and low-glycemic substances, making it an amazing selection for any section of the South Beach Diet. Be positive to make use of low-fat cheese when you’re making this for South Beach. This recipe can be nice for different forms of low-carb diets, most of which would like full-fat cheese.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use the Recipes by Diet Type photograph index pages to search out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.