posted by Kalyn Denny on May 20, 2020
Low-Carb Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas are nice for a fast breakfast with out eggs, and they’re a deal with for individuals who love breakfast sausage!
PIN Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas to strive them later!
Right now most individuals are cooking excess of they actually wish to, so I’ve been engaged on the Quick Recipes class on the weblog, modifying it to ensure the recipes included there will likely be one thing you may make in 30 minutes (or much less!) And these Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas are a tasty concept that qualifies for that class, so I’ve up to date the recipe to remind you about it right now. And for all these individuals who ask for low-carb breakfasts with out eggs, it is a nice choice for that!
This is so scrumptious for a fast and simple breakfast that you simply’ll most likely wish to make over and over in the event you’re a fan of breakfast sausage. And it’s a plus which you can take pleasure in these on the coldest winter day however they’d additionally style nice in the summertime. But most likely what impressed me to provide you with the recipe for these breakfast quesadillas is a long-time love of McDonald’s Sausage Biscuits! For years, any time I went on a street journey or needed to go away the home early, I’d swing via McDonald’s drive-in window and get a Sausage Biscuit (no egg.) Of course after I began following a extra carb-conscious consuming plan I needed to cease getting these sausage biscuits, though I would nonetheless get one a few times a 12 months!
And I nonetheless have my love for these flavors, and I feel Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas have numerous the identical taste notes as these Sausage Biscuits did. I used turkey breakfast sausage as a result of that’s what I had, however pork sausage can be excellent as effectively. Kara and I believed these have been pleasant for a fast breakfast (and my sister Pam who doesn’t like eggs beloved them as effectively); give them a strive and see what you suppose!
What Low-Carb Tortillas Did I Use?
For a very long time now I’ve been infatuated with Mission Carb Balance Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink). The low-carb tortillas from this firm are available quite a lot of sizes and they’ve white and complete wheat varieties, and the tortillas have a spread of two – 5 web carbs, relying on which selection you employ. (They just lately replace their formulation, so all of the varieties are even decrease in carbs than they was.) But a buddy just lately launched me to Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber Tortilla Wraps (affiliate hyperlink) that are a barely greater dimension with solely 4 web carbs, and I feel the Ole Tortilla Wraps would even be nice for this recipe. (And neither of those firms have paid me to speak about their merchandise, simply in case you have been questioning.)
How to Make Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas:
(Scroll down for full recipe with dietary data.)
- Heat just a little olive oil in a heavy frying pan and prepare dinner the sausage over medium-high warmth till it’s properly browned on each side. (Turkey sausage will want the oil; pork sausage gained’t want a lot added oil.)
- Cut every sausage patty in half.
- These are the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) I used, you see the they’ve Four web carbs per tortilla.
- Heat just a little extra olive oil or butter within the pan, add one tortilla, and cowl the tortilla with grated cheese (about 1/Three cup). (If you’re paying shut consideration you’ll see that we began with a non-stick pan however switched to a cast-iron frying pan (affiliate hyperlink) after we’d made just a few tortillas. The forged iron was higher, however watch that it does’t get too sizzling!
- Lay 4 lower sausage items throughout half the tortilla, then fold the opposite half over.
- Cook about 1-2 minutes per aspect (relying in your pan), till the cheese is properly melted and each side are barely brown.
- Serve quesadillas sizzling, with some salsa and bitter cream so as to add or dip into on the desk if desired.
More Tasty Ideas with Tortillas:
Low-Carb Breakfast Tacos with Sausage, Peppers, and Egg ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Breakfast Quesadillas with Smashed Avocado, Egg, and Spinach ~ The Perfect Pantry
Egg Burritos to Die For ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
Copycat Applebees Tortillas ~ CopyKat Recipes
- eight breakfast sausage patties, (see notes)
- 1 T olive oil, (see notes)
- 4 Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas (see notes)
- 1 1/Three cup grated cheddar cheese mix, kind of to style (see notes)
- bitter cream, salsa, sizzling sauce, or guacamole for serving, elective
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a big heavy frying pan. (Use a cast-iron frying pan (affiliate hyperlink) if in case you have one.)
- Add the sausage patties and prepare dinner over medium-high warmth till sausage is sizzling and well-browned on each side, about 3-Four minutes per aspect.
- Remove sausage to a slicing board and lower in half.
- Add a tiny bit extra olive oil (or butter) to the frying pan, flip warmth to medium, and lay a tortilla within the pan.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with sufficient cheese to flippantly cowl the floor (about 1/Three cup).
- Lay 4 sausage items on one aspect of the tortilla, and fold the opposite aspect of the tortilla over to make a half-moon formed quesadilla. Cook for 1-2 minutes, till beginning to brown.
- Turn quesadilla over and prepare dinner till it’s barely browned on the opposite aspect, turning once more if wanted to brown the primary aspect extra.
- Cooking time will rely in your pan, however most likely no more than about 2 minutes per aspect for many pans. (If you employ forged iron, it’s going to get hotter and hotter as you prepare dinner, so may have to show the warmth down for the final couple of quesadillas.)
- Serve sizzling with issues like bitter cream, salsa, sizzling sauce, or guacamole so as to add on the desk if desired.
You can use turkey or pork breakfast sausage, you want about 10 ounces turkey or pork sausage patties. I used olive oil, however use butter for cooking the quesadillas in the event you want. I used Kirkland 4-Cheese Mexican Blend for this recipe. I like Mission Carb Balance Low-Carb Tortillas (affiliate hyperlink) and usually use them for recipes that decision for tortillas, however I just lately found Ole Extreme Wellness High Fiber Tortilla Wraps (affiliate hyperlink) which might even be nice for this.
Nutritional data is predicated on web carbs for the tortillas and does not embrace elective bitter cream, salsa, sizzling sauce, or guacamole.
This recipe created by Kalyn and Kara and impressed by Sausage Biscuits at McDonalds I used to eat earlier than I began fascinated by carbs!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 397Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 847mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
Nutrition data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
If you’re making these quesadillas for the unique South Beach Diet, it will be advisable to make use of turkey breakfast sausage and a low-fat cheese mix. For different low-carb diets, full-fat sausage and cheese can be most popular. TheMission Carb Balance Low-Carb TortillasI used have solely Four web carbs per tortilla, and since all the opposite elements have little or no carbs, it is a fairly low-carb deal with for breakfast.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Breakfast Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Recipes by Diet Type picture index pages to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally wish to Follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.