Life is tough. And should you’re Tim Kennedy, it may be lethal. One week he could be tracking killers in an under-developed country of labeled origin. The subsequent week he could be trapped in a burning airplane fuselage for a present on the History Channel.
How do you prepare for one thing that’s troublesome to organize for? How do you get ready to face chaos? Kennedy has discovered that the easiest way to duplicate surprising exterior stressors is thru train.
“Fitness is the cornerstone of everything I do,” he says. “My enjoyment of food. My ability to sleep. My efficiency at work. Even my cognitive effectiveness in the business-entrepreneur world would be affected if I couldn’t train. It is all interwoven and interconnected.”
Kennedy performs no less than 12 workouts a week. They’re designed to organize him for the unpreparable—for chaos. In his army life, he might need to hike 9 miles with a 55- pound pack after which get into a gunfight. As a civilian, he has to look lean sufficient to appear on camera and be ready to simply accept the occasional jiu-jitsu superfight. Check out how every week of Kennedy’s “chaotic” exercises breaks down:
Tim Kennedy’s Chaotic Weekly Workout Schedule
- Three to 4 periods of Brazilian jiu-jitsu. (Kennedy acquired his black belt in 2009.)
- Two exercises on the heavy bag or mitts.
- One day of sizzling yoga with further calisthenics thrown in.
- One sustained 90-minute cardio exercise.
- One “out of the box” go to to Big Tex Gym, a strongman gymnasium the place Kennedy will get out of his consolation zone.
- A Friday journey to the Onnit Academy to compete in opposition to any professional athletes or workers who’re there.
- Wednesdays are for one thing Kennedy enjoys, like a barbell complicated and even Tabatas.
- One pure energy day.