Get recent concepts for wholesome tenting meals with this huge checklist of yummy meals which are moveable and straightforward to prep while you’re on the path!
Planning a household tenting journey? There’s rather a lot to look ahead to! But you may NOT be enthusiastic about consuming a lot of packaged, processed meals on the path.
No concern! This checklist is supposed to give you wholesome tenting meals concepts that mix recent fruits and veggies with wholesome pre-packaged meals and even a couple of easy recipes which are optimum for making forward and taking together with you on your loved ones journey.
The checklist is split up by shelf-stable meals (first) and meals the necessity to be saved cool (second.) Check them out and get packing!
Healthy Camping Foods (Shelf-Stable)
These meals provide you with and your youngsters vitality for any journey, and so they can final for days (or for much longer!) in your cabin or tent– no refrigeration crucial.
- Trail combine
- Whole melons like watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew
- Whole wheat bread, buns, pitas, tortillas, or English muffins
- Homemade granola bars
- Canned lentil soup
- Brown rice
- Beef jerky
- Rolled oats
- Whole ears of corn
- Applesauce cups or pouches
- Canned tuna
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, or apricots
- Peanuts, almonds, or cashews
- Sweet or white potatoes
- Olive oil
- Whole wheat spaghetti with jarred marinara sauce
- Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Whole grain crackers or pretzels
- Bell peppers
- Canned black beans, kidney beans, or baked beans
- Soy milk or tofu (select shelf-stable tetra-pack containers)
- Whole grain cereal like Cheerios
- Jarred salsa
- Peanut butter or almond butter
Healthy Camping Foods to Pack in Your Cooler
If you’re bringing a cooler on your tenting journey, you might have a number of further choices for consuming nice within the wild! Add these nourishing meals to your “foods-to-pack” checklist.
- Cheese sticks and/or grated cheese
- Ground turkey or beef
- Chicken breasts (attempt marinating them earlier than you permit)
- Carrots (child and or common)
- Yogurt cups
- Frozen salmon, white fish, or shrimp
- Whole recent inexperienced beans
- Snap peas
- ANY frozen fruit or veggie (they’ll double as an ice pack in your cooler!)