Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made more healthy utilizing leftover cooked brown rice, a scrumptious entire grain that’s excessive in fiber, so it fills you up.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
Fried rice is unquestionably on my favourite meals listing, I completely like it! Sure, generally I am going low-carb with Cauliflower Fried Rice, which is okay however once I go all out, I a lot desire making it with leftover brown rice (see How To Cook Perfect Brown Rice).
Fried rice is the final word leftover meals as a result of it requires utilizing leftover rice. Otherwise it received’t be dry sufficient to fry and are available out a however mushy. Therefore, this weeknight dish comes collectively actually quick. Almost any protein and veggie could be tossed into this. Swap out shrimp for hen or tofu and be at liberty to toss in no matter veggies are in your fridge like shredded carrots, mushrooms, corn, edamame, all work nice.
This wholesome shrimp fried rice def has some kick to it, and when you actually prefer it scorching be at liberty so as to add scorching sauce to serve later!
Tips on How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice:
- As talked about, begin with leftover rice. I desire brown however white works simply high-quality. The drier the rice, the higher it’s for frying. You may even use riced cauliflower.
- Cook on excessive warmth. It’s essential to ensure the pan is scorching when frying the veggies, protein and rice. Works finest with a wok however a big pan will work as properly.
- For further crunchiness, as soon as cooked, you may let stand in pan for an additional 30 seconds or so till desired prepare dinner.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made more healthy utilizing leftover cooked brown rice, a scrumptious entire grain that is excessive in fiber, so it fills you up.
- 3 cups leftover brown rice cooked
- 1 lb giant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- half tsp every of chili powder and paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or extra to style
- 2 giant egg whites, crushed
- 1 giant entire egg, crushed
- half medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 medium scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- oil spray
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed purple pepper flakes, or extra to style
- 4 tsp soy sauce, or extra to style
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce, (or extra soy sauce)
In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a scorching wok, over medium excessive warmth, spray a bit of oil and prepare dinner the eggs, when cooked, take away from pan and put aside, 1 to 2 minutes.
Increase the warmth to excessive, when scorching add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and scorching pepper flakes for about 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp and saute till now not translucent, 2 to three minutes.
Add rice and go away within the skillet to let the underside brown, 2 to three minutes, stir and add the egg, soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing properly for about 2 minutes.
Add greens of the scallions and serve.
Serving: 1half cups , Calories: 307kcal, Carbohydrates: 37.5g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 191mg, Sodium: 500mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
Blue Smart Points: 6
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 8
Keywords: fried rice recipe, learn how to make shrimp fried rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, spicy fried rice